Author: Maofu Liao
SamViewer is a 2D image display and analysis program, specifically designed for single-particle EM.
SamViewer is written in wxPython, using Python Image Library(PIL) and Numpy.
SamViewer works on both Linux and Windows, but is not yet tested on Mac due to the difficulties of installing the required libraries.
SamViewer Questions and Answers
For support, feedback and bug reports, please email author.
SamViewer is licensed under the terms of the GNU Public License version 3 (GPLv3).
Download links are at the bottom of this page.
- Make sure you have Python-wxgtk2.8 and numpy
- Extract the downloaded file to any folder, and include that folder in your system PATH.
- Type “sv” or “sv 1” to enter mode 1, “sv 2” to mode 2, etc.
- Python-wxgtk2.8 is not available after Ubuntu-14.04-LTS. You need to add trusty main repository to the list of repositories and then Python-wxgtk2.8 will be available for installation. (Thanks Reza Behrouzi.)
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu trusty main universe"
Four SV modes:
- Image Display to browse and analyze images;
- Particle Picking to mark the particle positions;
- Montage Screening to view and screen image stacks;
- Dual Viewer to analyze RCT and tilt pairs.