Author: Maofu Liao
SamViewer is a 2D image display and analysis program, specifically designed for single-particle EM.
SamViewer is written in wxPython, using Python Image Library(PIL) and Numpy.
SamViewer works on both Linux and Windows, but is not yet tested on Mac due to the difficulties of installing the required libraries.
SamViewer Questions and Answers
For support, feedback and bug reports, please email author.
- Make sure you have python, wxPython, Python Image Library(PIL) and numpy
- Extract the downloaded file to any folder, and include that folder in your system PATH.
- Type “sv” or “sv 1” to enter mode 1, “sv 2” to mode 2, etc.
- With the later version of PIL (Pillow), if you cannot open MRC or DM3 files, do the following:
(1) Locate the PIL folder, which usually looks like "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/".
(2) Open the file "__init__.py" with any editor, and you will see a list of plugin names.
Insert two new plugin names ('Dm3ImagePlugin.py', 'MrcImagePlugin') into the list.
(3) Copy three files (Dm3ImagePlugin.py, dm3lib_v099.py, MrcImagePlugin.py)
from the SamViewer folder into the PIL folder.
Four SV modes:
- Image Display to browse and analyze images;
- Particle Picking to mark the particle positions;
- Montage Screening to view and screen image stacks;
- Dual Viewer to analyze RCT and tilt pairs.